Civic Park is Eugene’s Home for Community Sports and Recreation!
Phase 1 is complete!
Thank You, Eugene Civic Park donors!
In August 2022, Eugene Civic Alliance finished the $30 million Phase I capital campaign for Civic Park, the Kidsports Fieldhouse and Market of Choice Field. Take a moment and let that sentence sink in. Wow.
With the incredibly generous support from all of you, the Phase I capital campaign for Civic Park has been completed and is now fully funded and debt free. ECA can’t thank you enough for helping us to get to this historic finish line.
Highlights of the race to the finish line for completion of Phase I saw final contributions to the $30M capital campaign delivered this past July, which gave ECA the ability in August to pay off a construction loan needed to get the facility built during the chaotic and challenging times of the pandemic.
The achievement of realizing a fully funded Phase I sets and secures the legacy of Civic Park to deliver high quality programs and host community events for years to come. This accomplishment is a tribute to all of you who gave in so many wonderful ways to transform a vision into a reality. Civic Park now has a new story to tell the world and you have helped us to write it. Here are some of the first exciting chapters:
- Since opening Civic Park in June 2020, 115,000+ visitors have visited Civic Park, the Kidsports Fieldhouse and Market of Choice Field.
- Kidsports, despite the pandemic, was able to serve 25,000 children and families through the fall, winter, spring, and summer by delivering healthy, active programs in a secure and safe Kidsports Fieldhouse and Market of Choice Field.
- Civic Park hosted community fundraising dinners and events, celebration of life services, Lane United Soccer League Games, Bushnell University soccer games, high school soccer and ultimate Frisbee teams, as well as adult basketball, kickball, pickleball, and volleyball. People, big and small, played and had fun!
Your contributions – from all 600 of you – have directly helped to change and shape thousands of lives here at Civic Park through the pursuit of healthy, active games, programming, and events that serve to enhance our community’s physical, social, emotional, and collective wellbeing.
Civic Park is Eugene’s newest sports and recreation destination. You can find the area’s most comprehensive youth sports programs, flexible event spaces, and opportunities to connect as a community at Civic!
The Kidsports Fieldhouse at Civic Park provides flexible indoor space for a variety of sports and events. As the new home for Kidsports’ operations, the field house allows Kidsports to expand their current youth sports offerings and launch new programs for people of all ages. The fieldhouse features include:
- 4 Hardwood Multi-Purposes Courts
- 2 Outdoor Courts
- Meeting & Event Spaces
- Elevated Seating
The Civic Park multi-sport turf field hosts events, games, and tournaments throughout the year. The outdoor complex is a two-phase construction project. Once completed, it can host a wide range of sports and activities including: soccer, football, kickball, ultimate Frisbee, lacrosse, rugby, and more.
Field features of first phase of construction include:
- A FIFA regulation-size synthetic turf field
- Flexible asphalt activity area
The second phase of construction will include:
- 2,500-seat grandstand with additional bathrooms, food court, broadcast booth and upper concourse
- Large digital scoreboard
Facility Site Map
- Fieldhouse: meeting and event space, and four flexible indoor courts for basketball, volleyball and other games; includes Kidsports offices
- Two outdoor activity courts
- Fieldhouse entry court: bicycle parking and children’s play area
- Turf field accommodates one regulation game or multiple youth games at a time: soccer, rugby, football, lacrosse, ultimate Frisbee and other sports
- Grandstand seating for 2,500, with accessible areas (Phase Two)
- Food Court and upper concourse (Phase Two)
- Main entry gate (Phase Two)
- Broadcast booth (Phase Two)
- Bicycle/pedestrian cut-through ramp and path
- Flexible activity area and space for future bleacher seating expansion
- Kidsports equipment loading and service area
- Parking lot
- Pocket park
- Restrooms (Phase Two)
- Ticket booth and heritage wall
- Digital scoreboard (Phase Two)
- Water-quality rain garden